« y-cart | overview | x-cart »
- Prepare parts for this subsystem (See BOM by subsystem)
- Start by assembling the motor and pulley mounts.
- Attach mounts to the frame loosely, mount drive shafts and idlers, then tighten.
- Pulley mounts are offset inwards by 22mm.
- Align so that idlers are 1mm from the gantry-frame.
- Center stepper motor as to evenly distribute overlap of the drive shaft couplings.
- Assemble idlers: screw M5x25, washer, bearing, washer, bearing, 2x washers, slide washer, 2x large washers
- Attach belts.
- Start with front idlers about 20mm away from front aluminum extrusion then adjust belt tension by sliding idlers forward.
- belts are attached to cart with four zip ties.
- The belt attachment screws are extra low socket cap M5x16s.
- Tension by pulling at the base of the idler screw with the shaft of a thin screw drive. Use about the force you can easily assert with your wrist only.
- IMPORTANT: before using the Lasersaur make sure to fine tune the BELT TENSION by following the steps on the belt tension adjustments page.
- Differential alignment.
- Adjust by leaving one shaft coupling open, push y-cart all the way back, then tighten.
- Cable carrier attachment brackets have M4 holes which need to be widened with an M5 drill bit and mounted with M5x06 screws.
- Limit switches.
- Use M2.5x12 screws to attach limit switches to aluminum mounts.
- Mount the limit switch assembly similar to the pulley assemblies.