« frame-table | overview | frame-door »
- Prepare parts for this subsystem (See BOM by subsystem)
- Start with the base frame and lower columns.
- Avoid any gaps, overhanging edges, and non-aligned angle brackets.
- Take note of thick (4040) and thin (2040) columns and when to use single or double angle brackets.
- Take note when to use black or regular extrusions/brackets.
- All angle brackets use M5x10 socket cap screws. Planar brackets use M5x08 screws.
- The base rectangle (1700x1170mm) is built from extrusions of length: 1130mm, 1620mm, 860mm, 790mm, 750mm and 190mm.
- The first level of columns is of height 120mm.
- Adapt and insert lower separation panels.
- The two small lower panels need to have their outer corners cut out. The required cutout is roughly 5x6mm. See images for details.
- Holes for cables can be drilled now or later.
- Insert entry panel on the side.
- In case you plan on cutting this with the Lasersaur it can also be installed later by removing the rear corner column and sliding it in from the back.
- Install frame-table.
- Install frame-gantry
- Continue with upper columns.
- Adapt and insert upper separation panels.
- The top left large panel needs to have the laser outlet hole drilled. With a M16 drill bit create a portal at 80mm from the left and 77mm from the top.
- The small upper panels need to have their outer corners cut out as well.
- Finalize upper and rear frame.
- Secure panels with clamp rubber. The following lengths of clamp rubber are required: 4x 790mm, 4x 160mm, 4x 590mm (if you also want to apply this rubber on the verticals more is needed)
- All separation windows inserted.
- Laser portal drilled.
Images Lower Frame
Images Upper Frame