- Prepare parts for this subsystem (See BOM by subsystem)
- Start with the outer frame.
- For each corner attach the angle brackets with M5x10 screws. Mount short ends first.
- Aim for tolerances of less than 0.5mm (0.02") basically making sure there are no gaps or overhanging edges.
- T-slot nuts are asymmetric, think ahead how to load them best.
- Try to align all brackets as parallel with the T-slots as possible.
- Build on a planar surface.
- The T-slot nuts can be side-loaded into the slot, pre-loading is not necessary.
- The T-slot nuts also have thread locking glue pre-applied and do not require lock washers.
- Attach the left and right y-rails with the planar brackets, M5x08 screws, and M5 washers. Use just enough washers as to prevent the screw from touching the t-slot bottom.
- Is the frame planar? No warping?
- Are the joints perfectly perpendicular? When you measure the diagonals are they the same?
- Have you used the shorter screws (M5x08) for the planar brackets and the longer ones (M5x10) for the angle brackets?